Karen's Blog

Karen's Blog While Away in India

Monday, June 21, 2010

Getting Ready to Head to India!

1st, a short history lesson:
The city name, "Bangalore" comes from the native name "Bengaluru," which is an adaptation of the earlier name (in the language Kannada [sounds like Canada to me]), "Benda Kaale Uru".... which in English means "The Town of the Boiled Beans."

There are 5 days left until I leave for "The Town of the Boiled Beans" and I have yet to hear that they serve boiled beans there... would this be a form of curry? I guess I'll be finding out soon enough.

During this last week I have been running around (with the assistance of MOM, of course) buying various things that I will need to take with me on this trip, such as; immodium, band-aids, heavy duty bug spray, and tampons (they don't sell tampons in India!). I'm a little stressed out and it's making me a bit nervous for the trip... I'm not sure what to expect when I get there. However, I was taught by my old boss, Pamella, that you can always turn nerves into positive excitement! So that's what I will be trying to do over the next few days.

I have talked with some of the girls who are also on the program via facebook! They all seem really nice and it sounds like they are just as nervous and/or excited as I am. I will be meeting up with a few of them at the San Francisco Airport and we will be traveling the rest of the way together, which helps to ease a lot of my worries.

I will write again once I get to Bangalore and have the internet set up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't Worry!!!!!! You can handle anything and if not call me and then of coarse "God is always with you!"

    ReplyDelete