Karen's Blog

Karen's Blog While Away in India

Monday, July 5, 2010

Goa

The "12 hour" bus ride from Bangalore to the Coast in Goa ended up being 17 hours! oh what a ride, the bus driver kept stopping for various reasons too, we werent sure what was going on half the time because we couldn't really understand them. We all just tried to sleep as much as we could. When we had to go to the bathroom we would go in a bush on the side of the road. I cut my heel pretty bad at one stop... eww, its gross. It's healing okay though, Im sure it will be fine in a week or two.

When we first got to Goa I was regreting that I had come. It was raining and it was extremely humid! (I am now appreciating the fact that I live in California) On saturday, me and 4 other girls took the bus to a museum, an old church, and the capitol city to have dinner. Dinner was 35$ for all 5 of us and this was at a fancy restraunt! We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of cool things. All the Indian people were thrilled to see White people so they were constantly asking to take pictures of us, or with us. The hotel we stayed at wasn't bad, but I dont think I will ever get used to the bathrooms in India. I left a magazine on my bed for the day and by that night it was soggy from the humidity!! Overall, it ended up being a good time and now I can say I've touched the Arabian Sea :)

There is a huge strike going on in Bangalore today (something to do with oil). Everything is closed until 6pm. Today was supposed to be our first day of classes, but they got cancelled!

I am beginning to adjust pretty nicely now.. Im sleeping better and getting all around more comfortable with India. Still missing home a bit, but I guess that is a blessing in disquise. At least I have people and a place to miss!

I will try to start adding pictures.. but I didnt bring my camera cord. Im going to try to borrow someone elses!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't get poison oak nature peeing again! I'm not there to be your cortizone buddy. Sounds like you're having an amazing time, I'm so glad! :)

    ReplyDelete