Karen's Blog

Karen's Blog While Away in India

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back Home in Chico, CA

While in India, I couldn't wait to get back home! I've been back in California for almost one month now and I miss India & the people I met there so much more than I thought I would. The first week back was kind of difficult because everyday seemed so boring. In India, each day brought a new adventure! It was hard to come back home, possibly because it didn't change one bit while I was gone, it was not all that exciting. No one stared at me & no one wanted pictures with me anymore :( haha
Though adjusting back into my life and relationships here has been kind of difficult, I know I can't take my friends and family for granted. I didn't know a single soul when I got to India, which made me appreciate all the people who care about me so much.

THE BEGINNING OF THE END
I just finished week one of my final and 4th year at Chico State. As I walk around the campus and community of Chico I begin to think of how I can make the most out of this last year. I want to embrace my friendships and take advantage of all our campus has to offer (like volunteer opportunities and free kickboxing classes)!
I'm currently researching Grad Schools and thinking about prepping for the GRE (like the SAT for Graduate Students). Right now, Im looking at applying to University of Southern California, Azusa Pacific University, University of Massachusetts- Amherst, and Oregon State University. There aren't many schools nationwide that I have found with the program I want (Higher Education or Student Affairs). I think it would be cool to go out of state (I always wanted to do that for Undergraduate). I made the big move from Southern CA to Northern CA, so maybe it's time for me to take it just one step further. But we'll see, Im very lost with my future plans right now... & I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment